The Winelands Cycle Race, a seeding race for the 2022 Cape Town Cycle Tour, takes place on Sunday 5 September 2021, starting and finishing at a great new venue, Hugenote Primary in Wellington. The race will take place on a route along the Berg River from Wellington via Hermon and Riebeek West and back to Wellington.
There will be one race of 97.2 km under the auspices of the PPA, with online registration, timing and seeding by RaceTec. Starting time is 07:00. Register by clicking on the route option below. Entry is R260 for PPA members (R280 for non-PPA members).
- REGISTER: 3 September 14:00-17:00 at Bicycle Garage at Laborie Centre, Paarl,
- REGISTER: 4 September 10:00-15:00 at Chris Willemse Cycles at Willowbridge, Durbanville or the office of the Cape Town Cycle Tour in Rondebosch.
- Online entries close on 30 August 2021 at 09:00 unless the limit of 1500 participants has not been reached, in which case online entries will be extended.
- No late entries will be accepted at registration or on the race day.
- Masks to be worn before and after the race.
- Cyclists will take off in an easterly direction in front of the school in General Hertzog Boulevard and return along the same route.
- Proceeds of the race go to Paarl Rotary projects focusing on early childhood development.
- If you wish to stay over, visit you wish to stay over, visit wellington.co.za/stay-in-wellington
or www.paarlonline.com/stay-in-paarlfor accommodation options.
- Refund information on September 2021 Race here