28 January 2024
Registration IS OPEN
The Winelands Cycle Race, a seeding race for the 2024 Cape Town Cycle Tour, takes place on Sunday 28 January 2024, starting and finishing at Hugenote Primary in Wellington. The race will take place on a route along the Berg River from Wellington via Hermon and Riebeek West and back to Wellington.
There will be 2 races of 102km and 52km under the auspices of the PPA, with online registration, timing and seeding by Finish Time. Starting times are 06:00 and 08:00. Register by clicking on the route option below.
Please note: The Cape Town Cycle Tour/Racetec will no longer be timing this event. This means that the RaceTec permanent chip is no longer in use. FinishTime will be providing timing services to the event and entrants will be required to purchase a disposable chip, at a cost of R20-00, at registration (this is not included in your race fee).
The closing date for Online Registrations is Monday 22 January 2024
- Collection of race numbers on 26 January from 14:00 to 17:00 at Bicycle Garage, Frater Square, 40 Main Street, Paarl.
- Collection of race numbers on 27 January from 09:00 to 11:30 at the office of the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust in Avenue de Mist, Rondebosch and 13:00 to 16:00 at Chris Willemse Cycles, Willowbridge, Durbanville.
- Entries close Monday 22 January at 17:00. Late entries (at relevant entry fee) will be allowed online and at all of the collection points provided the limit of 2,500 riders has not been reached. Late entry fee R500 (long race & excluding chip) and R350 (Short Race & excluding chip).
- Cyclists will take off in an easterly direction in front of Huguenot Primary School in General Hertzog Boulevard and will finish on Piet Retief Street before returning via Blouvlei Road to Huguenot Primary for medals, refreshments and a lucky draw.
- Proceeds of the race go to Paarl Rotary projects focusing on early childhood development.
- If you wish to stay over, visit https://discoverpaarl.co.za/accommodation/ or https://discoverwellington.co.za for accommodation options.
- Should the race be cancelled due to statutory reasons, cyclists will get 80% of their entry fee back.
- Participants undertake to participate entirely at their own risk and agree that they shall have no claim whatsoever against the organising body, any individual, organizer or official, marshal, assistant, helper or agent, the sponsor, any landowner or their employees or any local authority or their employees in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever which a participant may suffer, arising from any injury to person or loss or damage to property as a result of, or arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, in any event, included that person’s arrival thereat and departure therefrom and attendance at any ceremony or function thereof, howsoever such loss or damage may arise and regardless of whether or not same shall have been caused directly or indirectly, by negligence, albeit gross, of one or more or all of the aforementioned parties.
- Minimum age to participate: 102km = 16 years. Tandem = 12 years if accompanied by an adult. 52km = 12 years.
- Participants who are minors must have their application to enter the event countersigned by their parent or guardian who, by that person’s signature thereto like-wise indemnifies all of the aforementioned parties to the extent, if any, to which such minor is not capable of waiving his / her rights as stipulated above by reason of minority.
- Cyclists must obey all traffic rules and officials and STOP if so instructed.
- Cyclists take part in all PPA-sanctioned races strictly subject to PPA standard rules and regulations available from the PPA office and/or website.