The Winelands Cycle Race, a seeding race for the 2021 Cape Town Cycle Tour, takes place on Sunday 31 January 2021, starting and finishing at a great new venue, Hugenote Primary in Wellington. The race will take place on a route along the Berg River from Wellington via Hermon and Riebeek West to Paardeberg and back to Wellington.
There will be three races under the auspices of the PPA, with online registration, timing and seeding by RaceTec. Register by clicking on the route option below.
- Numbers can be collected at ASG Paarl in the Laborie Centre on 30 January from 08:30 to 10:30 or at Chris Willemse Cycles at Willowbridge from 12:00 to 15:00.
- Online entries close on the 25th of January 2021 at 12:00.
- Late entries will be accepted unless the limit of 1500 participants is reached before race day.
- Masks to be worn before and after the race.
- In the first two races, cyclists will take off in an easterly direction in front of the school in General Hertzog Boulevard. In the third race, the short route, cyclists will start at the same point but take off in a westerly direction.
- The race will finish in Blouvlei Road near the intersection with General Hertzog Boulevard. Thereafter cyclists can return to the school to relax and enjoy refreshments. There is also a kiddies’ play area.
- There will also be a bike park, so that you can lock your bike, relax and enjoy the festivities and the lucky draw.
- Proceeds of the race go to Paarl Rotary projects focusing on early childhood development.
- If you wish to stay over, visit www.wellington.co.za/wellington-accommodation
or www.paarlonline.com/stay-in-paarl for accommodation options.